TRANSPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Four Seasons Equestrian Transport
1. All horses should be insured for transportation and documents to show this must be shown to the transporter prior to journey. Four Seasons Equestrian Transport will be transporting the clients horse at the clients own risk.
2. Whilst the driver takes all reasonable precautions and we are insured to transport Equines for Hire and Reward, in the event of an accident, the customer/owner/keeper is personally liable for any damage, injury or death that occurs to, or is caused by, their horse.
3. The horse must have a passport. This is a legal requirement during transportation. The original document must be given to the driver before the start of the journey.
This is a legal requirement under the Horse Passports (England) Regulation 2004.
Only exceptions is emergencies ( vet care, rescue )
4. The customer warrants that each equine in the consignment has been properly described when booking transport and does load and travel without concern.
The customer will be as honest as possible about the horse’s previous experiences (good & especially bad) and if the transporter arrives and feels the need to refuse to transport a horse, has the right to do so and the pre-agreed cost for transport will be paid in full by the customer.
5. Should a horse we are transporting become unwell or very unsettled during a journey, we reserve the right to contact the nearest vet for treatment or sedation if deemed necessary. The customer/owner/keeper will be liable for any veterinary expenses and any delay incurred.
This is charged at £20 per hour.
6. The customer/owner/keeper will be entirely liable for the cost of repair of any damage caused to our horsebox, by their horse. There will be an opportunity to inspect the lorry for any existing damage before the journey.
Any damage will be repaired by a company chosen by us as the transport vehicle must meet manufacturer's specifications.
General wear & tear is acceptable & expected however any rips, tears, deep kick marks into the rubber matting will be charged back to the owner.
7. We can carry a limited amount of tack and other equipment at the customer/owner/ keeper risk.
8. All prices quoted are based on the information provided to us by the customer/owner/keeper at the time of booking. If that information is subsequently changes or is incorrect, and this results in any additional journey time, an extra charge may be added.
9. Thirty minutes of loading time is included in the quote, Should the horse take longer to load, an additional fee of £5 per 15 minutes will be charged. Should it not be possible to load the horse, you will be charged a cancellation fee of at least 50%. This will take into account the mileage already travelled and the time taken in attempting to load the horse.
10. A deposit of 30% will be required to confirm any booking. Full payment must be made before the journey commences and on the day of transport at the latest.
11. Payments and deposits can be made via Bank Transfer. Alternatively, cash must be presented on the day of transport. Where a receipt will be written.
12. MOVING OR TRANSFERRING DATE. If you need to move your booking we require a minimum of two weeks notice .
It is a legal requirement for all horses/ponies/donkeys to travel with their passport. No refund will be given once booking made and customer fails to provide passport for transportation.
13. CANCELLATION POLICY. If the Client wishes to cancel the transportation of their horse(s) and end the agreement between the Company and Client at any point; they reserve the right to do so.
If the Client ends the agreement within 7 days of the date of transport they will be subject to a cancellation fee of 30% of the total cost of transport:
* The deposit made by the Client will be retained by the Company as payment for the cancellation fee.
* In the event of no deposit being made by the Client, the Client will be invoiced for the cancellation fee.
If the Client ends the agreement within 24 hours prior to, or on the date of transport they will be subject to full payment of the total cost of transport.
Four Seasons Equestrian Transport will endeavour to only end the agreement when absolutely necessary or in an emergency.
By accepting a quote from Four Seasons Equestrian Transport and confirming a booking the customer agrees to the Terms & Conditions outlined above.