TRANSPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Four Seasons Equestrian Transport
1. All horses should be insured for transportation and documents to show this must be shown to the transporter prior to journey. Whilst the driver takes all reasonable precautions and we are insured to transport Equines for Hire and reward, in the event of an accident, the customer/owner/keeper is liable for any damage, injury or death that occurs to, or is caused by, their horse.
2. The horse must have a passport. This is a legal requirement during transportation. The original document must be given to the driver before the start of the journey.
3. Should a horse we are transporting become unwell or very unsettled during a journey, we reserve the right to contact the nearest vet for treatment or sedation if deemed necessary. The customer/owner/keeper will be liable for any veterinary expenses and any delay incurred.
This is charged at £20 per hour.
4. The customer/owner/keeper will be liable for the cost of repair of any damage caused to our horsebox, by their horse. There will be an opportunity to inspect the lorry for any existing damage before the journey.
5. We can carry a limited amount of tack and other equipment at the customer/owner/ keeper risk.
6. All prices quoted are based on the information provided to us by the customer/owner/keeper at the time of booking. If that information is subsequently changes or is incorrect, and this results in any additional journey time, an extra charge may be added.
7. Thirty minutes of loading time is included in the quote, Should the horse take longer to load, an additional fee of £5 per 15 minutes will be charged. Should it not be possible to load the horse, you will be charged a cancellation fee of at least 50%. This will take into account the mileage already travelled and the time taken in attempting to load the horse.
8. A deposit of 30% will be required to confirm any booking. Full payment must be made before the journey commences and on the day of transport at the latest.
9. Payments and deposits can be made via Bank Transfer. Alternatively, cash must be presented on the day of transport. Where a receipt will be written.